- As a Lake Norman INFINITI customer, you do not have to keep up with maintenance schedules on your vehicle because our dependable Service Department Team takes care of that for you! When it is time for recommended preventative maintenance, such as oil changes, our team will contact you to schedule a time for service.
- We also urge you to refer to the owner’s manual for your INFINITI for the recommended maintenance schedule and other important information about your vehicle. In addition, you are always welcomed to contact us directly for our service recommendations for an oil change for your INFINITI vehicle.
- The typical life expectancy of a battery is around 5 years. Batteries for your vehicle come with a warranty, which is determined by the date imprinted on them. To find the warranty date for your vehicle’s battery, simply find the code to see how much life expectancy is left.
- You will find a code printed on the battery that indicates a letter for the month and numbers for the year. The code, will look like this D18. The letters represent the month and the numbers represent the year. For example, A=January, B=February, C=March, etc. Therefore, a battery with the code D18 equals a warranty date of April 2018. Our Lake Norman INFINITI Service Center can assist you with battery issues and check the warranty date for you if you have concerns.
- Unfortunately, things happen sometimes and we are disappointed when we get in our vehicle to go somewhere only to find out it will not start. Although there are many reasons why your vehicle may refuse to start, we have found that the most common reason is usually an electrical system issue such as the battery, alternator, or starter.
- If you’d like to see if the issue you are having is related to these common causes, here is a quick way to check the electrical system using a voltmeter. With the vehicle turned off, the battery reading should be a minimum of 12 volts.
- Next, if you have someone to help, have them turn the ignition switch and test the battery again. This time, the voltmeter reading should drop below 10.50 volts if the starter is working properly. A higher reading indicates the issue is most likely with your vehicle’s starter. A good indication this is true is if you hear a “clicking” sound when trying to start the vehicle.
- Other common reasons your vehicle may have issues starting includes a bad sensor or even a loose or failing timing belt. If you are able, please take the vehicle to Lake Norman INFINITI where we can diagnose the issue by properly testing the electrical system.
- When the “Service Engine Soon” light comes on in your vehicle, a trip to Lake Norman INFINITI is needed to diagnose the issue and fix the problem. Our Service Department is equipped with the INFINITI code reader, which plugs directly into the diagnostic port of your vehicle to make diagnosing the problem a breeze.
- Your vehicle is a huge investment and if you take proper care of it, you will get many years of enjoyment from it as well as peace of mind knowing you and your family are safe. The key to extending the life of your INFINITI is proper maintenance. We suggest that you follow the recommended INFINITI maintenance schedule in your owner’s manual to extend the life of your vehicle. It is also recommended that you have the interior and exterior of the vehicle cleaned and maintained as well, to keep it looking new and protect from wear over the years.
How Often Do I Need an Oil Change?
How Do I Know When My Battery Needs to be Replaced?
My Vehicle Start! What is the Problem?
What does the “Service Engine Soon” Light Mean?
What Can I Do to Extend the Life of My INFINITI?
- Tires are an important part of the overall safety of your vehicle and it is important to make sure yours are in good shape. Check your tires often for signs of visible wear or uneven tread wear. Also, be on the lookout for an uncomfortable ride, difficulty stopping – especially in wet weather, and low tire pressure, as these area additional indicators there may be an issue with your tires. Your driving patterns will determine the life of your tires and indicate which type of tires will work best on your vehicle.
- Our Service Department Team at Lake Norman INFINITI can assist you with any tire issues you are having and even help you choose the best new tires for your vehicle.
- Tires for your vehicle are a good investment, so it is always smart to have your vehicle’s alignment checked to ensure they will last as long as possible. A bad alignment can cause your vehicle to pull to one side, causing unnecessary wear and tear to your new tires. A good indication that your alignment needs attention is the sign of an uneven wear pattern on your tires. Lake Norman INFINITI can check your alignment and have it corrected in no time.
- There are many different types of tires available for your vehicle. To best determine a good fit for your vehicle, consider the vehicle type, your normal driving conditions, and even your driving habits. All of this should be taken into consideration when buying new tires for your INFINITI. Your Lake Norman INFINITI Service Adviser can help you with your tire purchase and recommend the best tires for your vehicle.
When is it Time for New Tires for My INFINITI?
Do I Need to Have My Vehicle Aligned When I Buy New Tires?
What Kind of Tires are Best for My INFINITI?
- The belts and hoses play an important part in the performance of your vehicle. All belts and hoses need to be in tip top shape to ensure that your vehicle is safe and running properly. The age of your belts and hoses, along with the condition of them is crucial.
- Belts need to be changed immediately when you notice indications of wear such as dry rotting, loosening or slipping, or a shiny underside. Hoses need to be replaced when they start to get soft or crack.
- Lake Norman INFINITI only uses original equipment manufacturer parts (OEM) on all service and repairs to your INFINITI. We highly recommend using OEM parts on your INFINITI because they are made by INFINITI and are specifically designed for your use on your vehicle.
- When you use a service provider that uses generic vehicle parts, which are not manufactured by INFINITI, they will work for your vehicle, but are not the high performance, quality parts delivered by INFINITI OEM replacement parts.
How Often Do I Need to Replace the Belts and Hoses on My INFINITI?
Why Should I Use INFINITI (OEM) Parts on My Vehicle?
- Getting the best gas mileage from your vehicle is easy with a few simple tips. There are several factors that affect your gas mileage including your driving habits and the way your vehicle is maintained.
- For starters, always maintain your vehicle according to the suggestions in the owner’s manual. Having clean filters, tune ups, and clean spark plugs goes a long way in improving your miles per gallon. In addition, monitoring the air pressure in your tires gives optimal performance and paying attention to codes, sensors, or warning lights can also help.
- Another way to save on gas consumption is to maintain a constant speed as much as possible while driving. This will help conserve gas and save you money at the pump.
How Can I Improve My Gas Mileage?
- The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence is a professional certification group that certifies automotive repair shops and auto repair technicians.
- When it is time for maintenance or repair on your INFINITI vehicle you should always choose an ASE professional who is specially trained to work on INFINITI vehicles. Our Lake Norman INFINITI auto repair technicians are all ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certified. When an auto repair technician earns this esteemed certification they have passed a series of tests and are knowledgeable in every facet of auto repair.
- This means when you bring your INFINITI in for maintenance or repair you can rest assured that the technician who works on your car has passed the demanding ASE certification. In addition, our ASE Certified Technicians specialize in working on INFINITI vehicles.
- Why not choose only the best for your INFINITI vehicle? Our ASE Certified technicians have been trained to work with modern diagnostic equipment so that they can quickly and properly diagnose and repair your INFINITI vehicle. Avoid an inaccurate diagnosis that could cost you needless expense and time. At Lake Norman INFINITI we also use only Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts to repair your car.
- ASE certification is the equivalent of standardized education for auto repair technicians. Without ASE certification, you will have no idea of the experience or quality of your mechanic. Also, a lot of independent shops use aftermarket parts instead of OEM parts. Why not choose the best auto repair technician and the best auto repair parts? Using an ASE Certified Technician and INFINITI quality OEM parts ensures that you have a warranty on the parts as well as a warranty on the service. In the unlikely event that a part is defective or a technician commits an error you will be protected by a warranty.
- The auto repair technicians at Lake Norman INFINITI must take and pass the ASE certification in their specialty. Master Technicians must pass a group of tests in a series and also have two years of documented hands-on auto repair service. For automobiles, a Master Technician must pass eight tests. For collision repair, a technician must pass four tests in the series. The A series for automobiles and light trucks include:
- Engine repair
- Automatic transmission/transaxle
- Manual drivetrain and axles
- Suspension and steering
- Electrical/Electronic system
- Heating and air conditioning
- Engine performance
- The ninth test in the series is for light vehicle diesel engines and that test is not required to become a master technician. All Master Technicians must recertify every five years.
- Master techs in body repair or collision must pass these four tests:
- Painting and refinishing
- Non-structural analysis and damage repair
- Structural analysis and damage repair
- Mechanical and electrical components
- When you call Lake Norman INFINITI you will have all of this experience working for you. Call one of our ASE Certified Technicians to schedule an appointment for maintenance or repair today.
What is ASE?
Why ASE Certified professionals?
What’s wrong with uncertified mechanics?
What are the ASE certification requirements?
- When you have INFINITI’s InTouch™ at your command, and can drive with the peace of mind that you do not have to face road hazards and problems alone. The system will start looking out for you right away, even when you are not yet behind the wheel. From the moment you get your vehicle and download the app to your smartphone, you are covered.
- If you forget to lock your car or you need to get into it but you do not have your keys with you, the InTouch app will help you do what you need at the swipe of a touchscreen. Then you can stay connected right after the ride begins, so you can stay confident and ready for anything your day might bring. You can enjoy the following features from your INFINITI InTouch system:
- With a navigation-equipped INFINITI, your GPS system is right in your dashboard with the convenience of allowing you to find addresses and important locations while still staying focused on the road ahead of you.
- Some simple voice commands or a quick swipe of your touchscreen, and you are on your way to a hands-free call, detailed weather information, and a lot more.
- It can be upsetting when you forget to lock your vehicle, or if you need to access it and you do not have your keys nearby. But with the InTouch app you can simply log in on your smartphone and get access to your vehicle quickly and easily, with no hassle.
- Emergency help and roadside assistance can both be summoned at the touch of a finger. InTouch also offers personal security features, so you can get help in an emergency situation. If your airbags are deployed in an accident, INFINITI’s Automatic Collision Notification system will be activated, and will alert an agent to send response personnel to your location.
- If someone else is driving your INFINITI, you may want to know where it is. There are Valet and Max Speed alerts you can set, and you will get a notification if any boundary you have established is exceeded. If your INFINITI malfunctions, a Maintenance Alert will notify you to take your car in for service. Additionally, you can set a Drive Zone alert and get notified if your vehicle enters or leaves a particular area. When the driver arrives at their destination, you will also be notified of that, so you can always keep track of where your INFINITI is.
- If your INFINITI vehicle is ever stolen, the sophisticated tracking technology used in your car will greatly increase the chances of getting your vehicle back.